Goat Cheese and Prosciutto Pizza
Serves: 3 to 4
1 premade pizza dough (either homemade or refrigerated)
Cornmeal, for rolling
3 tablespoons melted butter
⅓ cup thinly sliced red onion
4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
5 ounces crumbled Bella Capra Chevre
2 cups packed arugula
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon honey
¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 500˚ with a pizza stone on the center rack.
- Sprinkle cornmeal over a large cutting board or pizza peel. Roll dough out to roughly 12” to 14”, just a bit smaller than the pizza stone. Move the dough, adding cornmeal as needed, to ensure it’s not sticking to the surface.
- Brush the melted butter over the entire surface then layer with red onions, prosciutto, and the crumbled goat cheese. Carefully transfer the pizza to the preheated pizza stone. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, checking occasionally, until the crust is crisp and the goat cheese is lightly browning.
- While the pizza is cooking, place arugula in a bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, honey, and pepper. Drizzle over the arugula and toss until well combined.
- Serve pizza with arugula served on top.
- The prosciutto is salty and so extra salt is most likely not needed. Taste and adjust accordingly.
- For premade pizza dough, look for stores that sell fresh dough in the cooler section for best results.